Another bulletin from Bethesda-by-the-Sea Episcopal Church, this time from 1965:
- As usual, the 1928 BCP/1940 Hymnal was being used.
- Holy Communion was at 0800 and 0900 but not at 1100. Generally for the latter two services it was done once a month.
- The Rector was Robert Appleyard, who went on to be Bishop of Pittsburgh and performed the first two authorised ordinations of women in the Episcopal Church the following decade.
- Question for long-term readers of this blog: note the baptismal announcement on the first page. There are several things that are “funny” about this, care to note them?
- St. Mary’s Guild (also announced on the first page) was the guild my mother was a member of. In 1967 their confrontation with the Vestry led to starting the Church Mouse, Palm Beach’s premier resale shop.