“Great book.” The Writer’s Edge
“I loved it.” Dr. Ann Marie Krejcarek, former Headmaster, St. Andrew’s School, Boca Raton, FL
In 1970 “sex, drugs and rock ‘n roll” ruled supreme in Point Collina, a tony beachside resort. No where was that more true than at the local high school, and that scene was ruled by Denise Kendall, tennis captain and daughter of the most prominent man around. But this happy life of “peace and love” was rudely interrupted when Madeleine des Cieux, a foreign student, started to do miracles, including healings and throwing tennis matches. Now the school, the government and Denise herself are forced to scramble for damage control, not only with Madeleine but with Denise’s ex-boyfriend, Jack Arnold, itching for revenge, and her perennial enemy, the development heiress Terry Marlowe. Both disaster and triumph end up on everyone’s plate in a world which is being rapidly reshaped both by and for the participants.
- How to Order
- Introduction to The Ten Weeks, including the maps
- Excerpts from The Ten Weeks, done during the fortieth anniversary of its setting
- The Fiftieth Anniversary
- After What We’ve Been Through, It’s Time for “The Ten Weeks”
- The Ten Weeks, Meet the Characters Through Their Music
- The book in segments:
- The Ten Weeks, In the Palace
- The Ten Weeks, 16 December, At the “Plantation”
- The Ten Weeks, 17 December, Schmoozing the Elites the Old Way
- The Ten Weeks, 18 December, At Death’s Door in the Midst of Lead Paint
- The Ten Weeks, 19 December, A Miracle, Even With a Baptist
- The Ten Weeks, 20 December, Arguing With the Bishop
- The Ten Weeks, 21 December, The Doctors Have Done All They Can Do
- The Ten Weeks, 23 December, What Women Are Expected To Do
- The Ten Weeks, 24 December, So Do I Go to Confession?
- The Ten Weeks, 25 December, See the Blazing Yule Before Us
- The Island: the setting for The Ten Weeks
Below: the author, around the time of the The Ten Weeks.